Monday, April 11, 2016

Olive Sour Dough Bread

sour dough bread

One week ago I began my adventure called- homemade sour dough starter. I got the idea from a friend, and I started reading and I  loved the idea of having your own starter to make your sour dough bread.


The main thing is patience and commitment, because days can pass and your starter may seem like nothing's changing or happening. And you just have to keep on feeding it, two times a day. I can't describe how funny I was, in my pajamas, early in the morning before going to work, or late at night, half asleep, in the kitchen, feeding my starter.
But, when you finally see your starter alive and doubling itself, the feeling is amazing, and you'll say - it was worth it.
If I succeeded in persuading you to try making your own sour dough starter, you have the instructions and steps here. You have everything described and well explained.
sour dough bread

sour dough bread


So, after 7 days I was ready to give my starter a try. I decided to try an olive sour dough  bread. I reduced all the ingredients by half, so I wouldn't be so disappointed if my bread didn't come out right. But it did. It was delicious.I have a lot to learn, but my first bread was good enough to feel confidence about my next.
I took the olive bread recipe from here.

sour dough bread

sour dough bread

It's delicious, and it's mine. Form my starter. Try it. It's an adventure, and the result is so rewarding.

sour dough bread

No comments:

Post a Comment