Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pumpkin Soup

pumpkin soup

I am especially proud of my pumpkin soup. Everyone at home liked it. I think I'm going to have to make it very often now. It's very easy to make, but it tastes like you had spent all day in the kitchen.



For this soup you need
  • 800 grams pumpkin
  • 1 big onion
  • 200 grams sour cream
  • 700 ml chicken soup (or vegetable soup), prepared beforehand
  • some parsley and basil

pumpkin soup


Chop the onion and put it in a frying pan. Fry it until golden brown and than add the pumpkin sliced in big chunks. Fry everything for 10 minutes.
After everything is almost fried add the soup, and bring it to the boil. Cook everything for at least 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked. Now you can add some spices. I added only some parsley and basil, I wanted to keep the taste of the pumpkin. Also now is the moment to add the sour cream and bring everything to the boil once more.
When you think that the pumpkin is cooked remove it from the cooker. You can use a hand blender to make the puree or a regular mixer. I used the mash potato masher.

Top the soup with some more sour cream and, if you have, some pumpkin seeds.
Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment