Friday, October 23, 2015

Apples in Rum

apples in rum

Apples go perfectly with this season, with rain, yellow leaves and warm clothes. I live in a region where people grow apples so I love them. When I was little we used to have an apple orchard and we used to go apple picking in October, so apples remind me of my childhood. This is an easy recipe that's done in 10 minutes. The rum goes perfectly with the apples and the cream. Perfection.

For this recipe you need:
  • 7-10 apples
  • 1,5 liters water
  • 300 grams sugar
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 100 ml rum
  • 200 ml sweet cream

    Apples in rum
Put the water and sugar in a pot and bring it to boil. Add the juice from the lemon and the rum. Peel the apples and core the apples and take out the inside part with a spoon or a knife.
Now put the apples in the boiling water, and cook them until they are soft, but be careful not to overcook them. You take them out when they become soft.
While the apples cool, beat the cream and add as much sugar as you like.
Top the apples with the cream, and add some cinnamon or walnuts if you like. I added some cherries. 
Enjoy!

Apples in rum

No comments:

Post a Comment